Parents Night: Keeping Kids Engaged as Readers!
Scholastic Parents Night: Keeping Kids Engaged as Readers
Wednesday, February 10 | 7pm ET / 6pm CT / 5pm MT / 4pm PT
We’re co-hosting a Scholastic Parents Night! We hope you’ll join us for the second event in the children’s book publisher’s series which features a panel of Scholastic authors, editors and education experts who will answer your questions on how to engage kids with books, build their skills, and grow their confidence. For instance, how can we help kids get excited about picking up a book—and continue reading it?
We will joined by:
- Moderator John Schu – Lecturer at Rutgers University, Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic, host of the Facebook show Book Joy Live, and the author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect.
- Lauren Tarshis – Author of the I Survived series, Publisher of Scholastic Classroom Magazines
- Pam Allyn: Co-Author of Every Child a Super Reader and Founder of LitWorld
- Andrea Davis Pinkney – Vice President and Executive Editor, Award-Winning Author
- Phil Falco – Creative Director (Graphix)
- Malcolm Mitchell – Author of My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World, Founder of Share the Magic Foundation
- Ernest Morrell: Co-author of Every Child a Super Reader and Director for the Center for Literacy Education at the University of Notre Dame
Attendees who visit the store after the event will receive a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures and more!
See below for a list of books you can purchase before or after the event.
We hope you’ll join us!